Benefits of Membership
You will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from other teams, which you may or may not work with on a day-to-day basis. Additionally, the opportunities to engage in leadership opportunities, hone your leadership skills, and enhance your engagement within the agency.
You will have the opportunity to vote and participate in various committees, and comment on orders and other policy changes to ensure your voice is heard.
You will have the opportunity to engage in a democratic organization to help benefit both you, and your colleagues here at GAO. Your voice, your opinion, and your active role matters and is critical to the success of your union in addressing areas you are concerned about and that affect your work-life.
Through our affiliation with IFPTE, we can take advantage of multiple money saving possibilities. For example, through UnionPlus some of the discounts include:
- Travel savings: savings on flights and hotels, cruise discounts, entertainment deals, and car rental discounts.
- Movie Ticket Discounts: savings on select tickets, because movies are just awesome.
- Purchasing or refinancing a home? There is potential to get $500 from Wells Fargo after closing.
- Tires: Discount on Goodyear Tires.
- Scholarships: Scholarships for union members and their family members to begin or continue their post-secondary education. Scholarships range from $500 to $4,000.
What Is The Cost and How Do I Join?
Cost: Membership is 0.3% of your salary. Below is a table illustrating the yearly and bi-weekly cost of your membership. As you can see, the actual cost is nominal.
Salary Per Year Per Paycheck
$40,000 $120 $4.62
$50,000 $150 $5.77
$60,000 $180 $6.92
$70,000 $210 $8.08
$80,000 $240 $9.23
$90,000 $270 $10.38
$100,00 $300 $11.54
How to Join:
All you need to do is fill out the membership forms and either give them to your local rep. or email them to the email listed on the membership form.
Here is a link to our Join page where you can find a link to these forms. Also, here is a link to our membership FAQ page for other questions related to membership.
If you have other questions, just reach out to one of our representatives or officers. Here is the link to the Analyst Contacts page; and here is the link to our APSS Contacts page. If you see any open position that you are interested in, or are interested in helping out in other ways, we would love to know. We look forward to hearing form you!