· Nominations: October 7 – October 17
· Voting: October 19 – October 26
· Results announced: October 31
Unit-specific delegates, who must be a member of the group they represent:
- One elected by each of 14 headquarters teams;
- One elected by each of 11 field offices;
- One elected by PDP staff rotating among teams in headquarters;
- One elected by PDP staff rotating among teams in the field;
- One elected by PDP staff rotating within a team; and
- One elected by Communications Analysts.
- Band I employees not in the PDP program;
- African American employees;
- Asian American employees;
- Employees age 40 or greater;
- Employees with disabilities;
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) employees; and
- Hispanic employees.
- Establishes policies for the GAO Employees Organization, including bylaws;
- Establishes ad-hoc committees;
- Proposes amendments for membership approval;
- Oversees the Organization’s Officers;
- Receives reports from the Treasurer on the financial status of the GAO Employees Organization, formulates and approves the annual budget, and approves all unbudgeted expenditures greater than $500 or a lower amount as adopted by the Assembly;
- Manages its own operation by establishing procedures for the conduct of its meeting and determining regular meeting times and places;
- Approves proposed agreements with management for ratification by the membership;
- Submits proposals for changes in the dues structure for membership approval; and
- Submits proposals for amendments to this Constitution for membership approval.
How to nominate yourself or someone else: Send an e-mail to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight (Eastern) on October 17.*
*Members of the Elections Committee may not seek election.
Who may vote: Analyst members in good standing (meaning that dues and paperwork are in order) as of Monday, October 24.
How to vote: If more than one person is nominated for an office for which you are eligible to vote, an online ballot will be sent to your GAO e-mail address on October 19.
For more information about the elections process, see the Elections Committee webpage.