*Members of the Elections Committee may not seek election to these offices.
· Nominations: September 26 – October 3
· Voting: October 5 – October 12
· Results announced: October 13
The President shall:
· Serve as the primary representative of the Organization to the Congress and the public, to GAO management, to the membership, and to the bargaining unit;
· Coordinate the work of the Officers and ensure their compliance with this Constitution and the bylaws and policies of this Organization as determined by the Assembly;
· Participate in any coordination with the APSS bargaining unit along with other designated representatives from the analyst unit;
· Lead collective bargaining discussions and negotiations with GAO management on behalf of the Organization; and
· Present proposed agreements with management to the Assembly for its consideration.
The Treasurer shall:
· Serve as the chief financial officer of this Organization;
· Track and record all income and disbursements, manage the accounting system, and arrange and oversee periodic financial audits, in accordance with our Constitution;
· Be responsible for receiving and depositing all Organization funds;
· Report on the Organization’s financial status to the Assembly on a regular basis and as needed; and
· Prepare an annual budget for consideration and approval by the Assembly and subsequent presentation to the membership.
The Secretary shall:
· Record the minutes for all meetings of the Assembly;
· Maintain all records of the Organization; and
· Prepare all correspondence to the Membership.
In addition, each of these Officers will serve as de facto Delegates to IFPTE Conventionsand other IFPTE functions, as outlined in the IFPTE Constitution. In case there are fewer delegate votes than delegates to the IFPTE Convention, the following hierarchy applies:
· Vice President for Dispute Resolution
· Vice President for Membership
How to nominate yourself or someone else: Send an e-mail to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who may vote: Analyst members in good standing (meaning that dues and paperwork are in order) as of Friday, October 7.
How to vote: If more than one person is nominated for an office, an online ballot will be sent to your GAO e-mail address on October 5.
Upcoming Assembly Delegate elections. After these elections of officers are concluded, elections will be held for delegates in the GAO Employees Organization Analyst Assembly. Information about these elections will be provided in the coming weeks.
For more information, including information about how to join the GAO Employees Organization: See www.gaoemployees.org.
The GAO Employees Organization, IFPTE Local 1921, Elections Committee